Thread: Predator shaft on j.pechauer vs original comparison

Hobbit Guest

Default Predator shaft on j.pechauer vs original comparison

I have a pechauer cue and i think it's great.

My friend has a predator that i played with and i think it's great as well.

I'm considering buying just the shaft and putting it on my pechauer...or is it better to buy the whole predator cue?

Is it only the shaft that changes the way the cue feels? Should I just buy the whole cue?

My friend's predator has a different joint than my pechauer so i couldn't experiment. any advice would be appreciated.

Hi there Hobbit. I'll answer your question as best as I can until someone more qualified comes along. My understanding is that you can order just a Predator shaft for your Pechauer through Seyberts. I believe Seyberts will take a Predator partial shaft, and will use the special Pechauer joint insert. Now if you want a PERFECT fit then you will need to send in your butt so their cuesmith can match the new shaft to your butt section. Now if you don't mind the shaft being slightly smaller or larger than your butt section then just order a Predator shaft from Seyberts, just be sure to indicate what type of Pechauer joint you have. ( old or new quick release joint).

Now that I think of it, where is Bruce?

Hi! Hobbit,

I have a predator shaft fitted with to my Pechauer's IV-5, and it's played great!! But that is a slight different in weight cos predator shaft is lighter compared to the Pechauer's original shaft.

One good thing about predator shafts is that they can be fitted to virtually any brands of butt(with the correct joint ofcos..) & they played the same as the original Predator's cue.

I dun think you'll go wrong with a combination of a Pechauer(Quality craftmanship) & a Predator shaft(playability)..

That combination will be my next cue. ( a little sooner than I had originally hoped actually :( ) I don't think you can go wrong either.

Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider
    Hi there Hobbit. I'll answer your question as best as I can until someone more qualified comes along. My understanding is that you can order just a Predator shaft for your Pechauer through Seyberts. I believe Seyberts will take a Predator partial shaft, and will use the special Pechauer joint insert. Now if you want a PERFECT fit then you will need to send in your butt so their cuesmith can match the new shaft to your butt section. Now if you don't mind the shaft being slightly smaller or larger than your butt section then just order a Predator shaft from Seyberts, just be sure to indicate what type of Pechauer joint you have. ( old or new quick release joint).
    Very good easyrider. Could not have done better myself.

Now that I think of it, where is Bruce?
    Probably has not come off the table since getting that Predator shaft on his Schon. :mrgreen:

Later,
    Thanks,
    Sid

Thread Information