Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 314 Shaft

Default 314 Shaft

If i were to spend 200 bucks on a new shaft how many sebert bucks would i recieve? I paid about 160 for my stick and i got 21 sebert bucks. and now that im on the subject is it worth it to buy a shaft that is worth more than the entire stick? its a VM34.

Thanks
    Sonnic

Hi Sonnic,
    Sorry, there is no seyberts bucks assosiated with the extra predator shafts for Viking.
    As for is it worth it. I think so, the Predator shaft is really the one thing that you can purchase equipment wise that I truly beleive will make any player play better.

Default its so expensive

I only paid about 160 for my stick do you think that it is wise for me to spend 200 bucks on the shaft of my cue? Can you change out the joints in a cue? If i were ever to upgrade my butt end of the cue iI guess i could always order the same joint.

well? would you put a 314 shaft on a $160 stick? can a shaft make the entire stick good?

Whether your stick cost $5 or $5k, it will perform the same way as long as you put one of our shafts on your cue.

Just recently a man walked in with an original Balabushka that he just paid $23k for and bought one of our shafts for it.

On the other side of the coin, every show we go to people buy the cheapest cue they can find and put one of our shafts on it.

Both are going to perform exactly the same way, so I guess it really depends on your priorities.
    Professional Pool Player (a.k.a. unemployed)

Default Re: 314 Shaft

I was talking with a guy at tournament the other weekend and he made a statement that made a LOT of sense. It doesn't matter what kind of cue you buy, the only thing that matters is the shaft and the tip.

when buying a cue...you are buying the labor involved in the design of the cues...inlays, and exotic materials etc. you can take any butt, throw it on a predator and it'll be a performer.

guest, the last post was over a year old. :lol:

Yes the shaft and tip are the most important, but what about the center balance on the butt of the cue. If you buy a cheap cue and put a 314 shaft on it the butt may have a lot of the weight more towards the back of the cue's butt. So if you have a cheap butt with a excellent shaft the weight may still not be balanced very well. I don't know if this is true or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Theron
    Yes the shaft and tip are the most important, but what about the center balance on the butt of the cue. If you buy a cheap cue and put a 314 shaft on it the butt may have a lot of the weight more towards the back of the cue's butt. So if you have a cheap butt with a excellent shaft the weight may still not be balanced very well. I don't know if this is true or not.
    The balance varies on almost every cue. The balance is a matter of personal preference. You can probably find a cheap, or expensive, cue that has the balance you are looking for. And if you put the 314 on it, it should perform just fine as Neil said. It's just a matter of what you like and prefer.

JMHO (just my honest opinion)
    Erik -aka- ThePoolHustler

Thread Information