Thread: help identifying pool table bolts and screws

Default help identifying pool table bolts and screws

Hello all, Attached is a photo of bolts and screws from a disassembled pool table some one gave me. Can any one help tell me where they go in the table. It is an 8 foot proline claw foot table with 3 piece slate. I think (A) are the for the legs but after that I'm lost....poolscrews.jpg
    I added a pen new the bolts (A) for scale as well as a AA battery between (C) and (D). I put a penny near the washers on (G).
    thanks.

Default Re: help identifying pool table bolts and screws

Quote Originally Posted by john g View Post
    Hello all, Attached is a photo of bolts and screws from a disassembled pool table some one gave me. Can any one help tell me where they go in the table. It is an 8 foot proline claw foot table with 3 piece slate. I think (A) are the for the legs but after that I'm lost....poolscrews.jpg
    I added a pen new the bolts (A) for scale as well as a AA battery between (C) and (D). I put a penny near the washers on (G).
    thanks.
    if the photo is too small I can make a new one.

Hello, This may not be exact, but might get you headed in the right direction.

A. I think your right, leg bolts.

D might be for a second hole in the legs to keep each leg from swiveling on the leg bolt. (A)

B. is the rail bolts. There should be a holes / inserts in the rails (actually 3 per rail) that you can screw (B) into. B creates bolts for all the rails to attach to the slate. Do that to all the rails.

C is the Slate Screws used to attach the slate to the frame of the table.

G is the washers used for the rail bolts.(B) Once you have the bed covered, cut holes into the cloth where the holes in the slate is for the 3 rail bolts for each rail (b) will slide through the holes in the cloth, through the holes in the slate. Then, under the slate, slide on the rail washers (g) and then apply the nuts for the rails (F)

You will want to assemble the rails to the pockets first, creating a 2 U shape out of the rails and then place the rails onto the slate with all the rail bolts going through the slate and attaching underneath.

Here is an image I stole from the web showing what I mean. (yours will be slightly different as you rails will have the rail bolts already attached to the bottom of the rails. This is where you would have to align the bolts through the cloth and slate.) On this guys table, the bolts would be attached from the bottom, up through the slate and cloth and threaded into the rails. Yours is opposite.

b.jpg

When doing it this way, there will be two pocket bolts you will not have to attach to the rails they will be under the rails at this point. Don't worry about them as everything will be tightened up when you tighten the rails. It also helps if you have to just make a tweak on one side of the table. You can just remove the side you want to work on without removing all the rails.

Couple of things I don't see in the image is
    Pocket bots - To screw the pockets onto the rails. (they might already be attached)
    screws for the blinds of the rails. (they might also already be attached.
    Small screws to attach the pocket webbing to the backing under the slate. (you can also just staple them to the backing.)

That leaves us with E....
    Sitting here at home on the computer, and not real familiar with your table, I just can't place them. The good news is that when you have your table set up, there will be 8 empty screw holes somewhere... shove them in there.

if you get stuck along the way, drop us a call and we would be glad to help as best we can over the phone. There are several guys here that know their way around a table. (and under it.)
    Thanks,
    Sid

Hi Sid,
    Wow! Thanks for the detailed answer. I noticed some bolts still in the long rails, as they were delivered to me complete. The person bringing me the table didn't know that they too could be further disassembled. So I've got two bolts in each of the two long rails. That makes four, however the short rails are missing theirs. It is a hex bolt that is 1/2 inch wide and maybe an inch or so long. I guess I could bring that one to a hardware store and get four more of them. Nice catch by the way.

I think the screws for the blinds are missing. I've got the blinds and I don't see anything in them... What size could the screws possibly be?

About the small screws that attach the pocket webbing, I'm not sure. Looking inside the bag given to me containing the screws and bolts I found a hand full of other small screws but not in in the order of eight of the same kind. It is possible that E could be it. In a week or two I'll be able to bring it from New Jersey to Massachusetts, where I live to set it up on a concrete basement floor. Though it's a hike you just can't turn down a free 1 inch slate table when you don't have one. For now I'm going to attempt to re-install the good condition cloth it came with. It's got some of the holes from the bolts already punched through it. Hopefully, that re-install well.

Again thanks, bought my first predator shaft from seyberts in 1999 and still shoot with it today! I will definitely touch base you again when I'm able to bring the table to my house. Right now the components are split up in two different houses waiting for me to move them.
    best!

Thread Information