Thread: lucasi hybrid vs predator ikon

Default lucasi hybrid vs predator ikon

Hi there I'm in the process of finalizing my decision on my pool cue purchase which brings me to the debate which is the better balanced cue. I heard of good reviews for both the predator ikon and the lucasi hybrid. From the cost perspective It would seem I would be spending the same amount of cash for a lucasi hybrid plus a 314 or z e shaft, whcih gives me two shafts compared to just buying a predator ikon 201. Which inly comes with one shaft

Default Re: lucasi hybrid vs predator ikon

There is a difference between the two. The Ikon cues have a real thin butt handle and the Lucasi is thicker... so that alone has a different feel. The Ikon cues will have more of a forward balance.
    Thanks, Rick
    General Manager
    Seyberts Billiard Supply

hi rick,

even if the lucasi hybrid, were to be fitted with a 314 shaft... would the amount of hit and deflection be significantly different from a pure predator cue?

No, 95% of the performance of a cue is in the shaft. The butt of the cue is mostly the feel you get... so depending on what you like with the wrap and joint then you can go from there. When it comes down to the winning shot it is what feels most comfortable.
    Thanks, Rick
    General Manager
    Seyberts Billiard Supply

Thread Information