Thread: Schon Cue + Z2 mistake?

Default Schon Cue + Z2 mistake?

Hello Everyone.
    I decided I wanted to upgrade to a new cue so I started doing some research and found that Schon was widely regarded as an excellnt choice for the intermediate to advanced player (which I am). I loved the feel of the Predetor Z shaft so I recently bought a Schon and added a Z2 shaft with a kumai black soft tip. I haven't received it yet but i'm a little worried I bought the wrong cue. I have basically used Mcdermott cues the last 15 years and none more expensive than $180. I am currently using a $40 McDermott lucky that I got laughed at when I bought it. I accepted the League MVP trophy last night using that cue so... last laugh? I have never used a steel joint cue (besides in the old days with the Schmelke)
    Here is the thing, I am more of a finesse player than a power stroke player and I use alot of english and move the cue around pool table. Now I read that Schon and Predetor are power stroke type cues?
    Did I just make an expensive mistake?
    Should I have not put the kumai Black soft on the Z2?
    Should I leave the Schon Shaft on for a while before switching up to the Z2?
    We don't have any cue dealers in the area so I have had to rely on what I read instead of test driving the equipment before I buy.
    Every Opinion is Appreciated!

Default Re: Schon Cue + Z2 mistake?

The Schon predator combo is one of the best fits out. It is best to dive right in and place with the least deflecting shaft out if you are going to do it, switching back and forth would not be good.
    Thanks, Rick
    General Manager
    Seyberts Billiard Supply

Thanks Rick! One other ? Would you recommend not using this set up for Bar league with the bigger cue ball? I woul;d think I should stay consistant with the cue no matter where I play play...
    Again, thanks for the help!

yes always stay with the same cue no matter what equipement you are playing on.
    Thanks, Rick
    General Manager
    Seyberts Billiard Supply

I got my package last night from Seyberts (Schon + Z2) and played about an hour. It rocks! The thing I noticed most, was on the long shots it holds the line that I aim. (right or wrong). Also, I can cut the object ball and draw it back towards me more than I could with my other cues. I am SO glad I found this website when browsing for cues. Thanks Seyberts! And thanks Rick for your advice!
    Paul

Thread Information