Thread: Difference between hybrid and hybrid slim shaft?

Default Difference between hybrid and hybrid slim shaft?

Wondering whats the difference between thr two shafts?

Default Re: Difference between hybrid and hybrid slim shaft?

The only difference is the diameter. The slim is 11.75mm and the hybrid is 12.75mm. This goes to all of the performance shafts out there. There is a misconception that there is something totally different between the high performance shafts. What makes a shaft have less deflection is the size of the shaft, 11.75mm will deflect less then the 12.75mm due to the size of the tip.... less mass at the tip will produce less deflection.

That is why the Predator shafts have lower deflection then any other shaft out. They have a patent on there shafts to have a hole drilled the first 5" of the shaft, this is why they deflect the least.
    Thanks, Rick
    General Manager
    Seyberts Billiard Supply

Hey Rick, thanks for the reply! Similar to my Poison cue question, do you know if you are able to jump with the Lucasi hybrid shafts (both slim and regular)?

The Lucasi shafts are built the same exact way as the Poison shafts.... poison doesnt have a patent on there shafts.
    Thanks, Rick
    General Manager
    Seyberts Billiard Supply

Finally, good sports training billiards dvd can be part of a regular training activity because these compose of accurate and factual information, contain drills, and show a lot of examples.

The standard 12.75mm shaft is good for hitting, this one is very hard and without any bore inside, but the slim shaft is very bad in my experience. The tip of slim is only 11.75mm and difficult for hard-hitting. I prefer standard shaft.

slim would typically be for more english control if I understand it correctly. Long straight shots done best with larger tip, English precision and control increases with a smaller tip BUT requires more precision on the part of the player. some players I know setup both types for matches and use one or the other based on the shot at hand.

Thread Information