Thread: Pechauer JP vs Pro

Default Pechauer JP vs Pro

Hi guys,
    Can you tell me what is the difference between the JP and the Pro series of Pechauer? I've read that in the past it was due to the implex vs steel joints, but now I see they both have SS joints, right?

So in this case, is there any difference in playability? I don't care about aesthetics personally, the plainest cue will do just fine. in fact, I prefer it.

Default Re: Pechauer JP vs Pro

The JP joint will have a different joint and the triangle tip were the Pro will have the piloted joint, signature and emerald tip.
    Thanks, Rick
    General Manager
    Seyberts Billiard Supply

thanks for the reply
    the tip is not really important, as both would probably get changed. So assuming they both had the same tip, what's the difference in playability? Is there a different feel to them given by the different joints, and if so could you explain it to me?
    thanks

If they have the same tip then they should play real close to the same.
    Thanks, Rick
    General Manager
    Seyberts Billiard Supply

Rick thanks for the replies so far. I still have some more questions before I make my order so please bear with me.

I think then that I will stick to the JP series, it should do nicely for my first "nice cue". And considering I couldn't care less about the looks, the cheapest one will work just fine. If I could have the PRO-H looks on a JP cue, I would be one happy camper. So Q1 is: can I have the PRO-H look on a JP series cue (ie. the sneaky pete old-style house-cue look?

Moving on, I am 6.2 tall. I hold a 58 cue straight from the butt sleeve (very rarely to no times at all do I actually grap the wrap). Therefor, I'd think a longer cue is appropriate. I've already talked on the phone to someone in your office and they told me it's possible to have it made longer for about 80 bucks. What I forgot to ask was how long can it be? Q2: Is 60 inch the max for a custom pechauer?

Q3: can the wrap be moved a bit lower on the cue (and get a smaller butt sleeve?)? My thinking here is that even if the cue were 60, I would still grab part of the wrap and part of the butt sleeve when I hold it, unless the wrap would be an inch or two lower... If this is a bad idea plz don't hesitate to say so...

If it's not possible for me to get an "optimal" wrap on my cue (IE. one that I actually grab instead of the butt sleeve), then I'd rather go for a wrapless. So for Q4 is it possible to get a cue (that is normally wraped in the pechauer catalogue) in a wrapless option?

Q5:How is the PRO-H cue different from all the others in the pro series, and how is the JP USA different from all the others in the JP series (from a technical point of view)?

Thanks a bunch,

later edit: I've read somewhere on the forum about the sneaky pete predators that they are made with a Pechauer shaft. Q6:Are the current items on display on the site as such (I would assume predator logo on a pechauer shaft?). And finally Q7: Can I get one of these in 60 inch lenght (30 butt+30 shaft)?

PS: sorry to be such an annoying lil prick
    Last edited by 13th; 12-10-2010 at 09:40 PM.

Yes you can custom make any cue with Pechauer but can take up to 6 to 8 weeks. 60" is the recomended length with the Pechauer cue but you can have just about any length you want. The wrap can be adjusted to any length and any position, we just need all details when ordering. Again you can get any cue in any configuration when it comes to custom work Pechauer will do it. The Pro-h has a flat face instead of the pilot on most of the Pro line. The sneaky pete predators come with a 314-2 shaft not a Pechauer shaft. You can not custom make a PRedator cue the only thing that can be upgraded is the 30" shaft. thanks
    Thanks, Rick
    General Manager
    Seyberts Billiard Supply

Thread Information