Thread: New tips that have come out

Default New tips that have come out

There are a ton of new tips that have come out in the last couple of years. I am kind of curious about what people think of them? I haven't tried any of them, I am a die hard Moori fan. I watched an interesting youtube video on Kamui tips and how they don't need shaping (yeah what ever!) but I am curious what everybody thinks of some of the new tips that are out?

Default Re: New tips that have come out

Moori were great and the new ones are still pretty good but I find them dull after a short usage and they stop performing, I find it to be the case for the soft, medium and hard tips alike.

There are some good alternatives out there and some are better. Some are better at all hardness levels and some are better for a specific hardness.

Kamui Black are better all the way! the SS tip stays soft for a long period of time and the medium keeps it softness as well, the hard tip is hard but grabs the CB better then other hard tips.
    " A BAD NIGHT OF POOL IS BETTER THEN A GOOD DAY AT WORK "
    http://www.ibilliard.co.il
    My Humble (but growing...) Pool Cues Collection

I haven't tried any of the Kamui black tips yet, I think that may be my next tip.

I don't even know how many different tips I've tried. I know I've used Moori, Hercules, and Porper Majestics. I'll be placing another order for Porpers in the near future. They play as well as anything I've played with and I can get them for about five bucks. If triangles didn't mushroom, I'd still be playing with those. I used to go through those once/month.

1370777947364.jpgThis is an older thread, but I feel I have to mention a newer tip on the market. I was an Everest
    user, and it is a great tip. But I have found through experiance, it plays best when the edge of the tip
    is shaved down to the second layer above the red replacement layer. Pro John Schmidt has a similar
    opinion. I have since tried the Tiger Onyx. And what a tip it is! Has the control of the Everest, but in a full
    profile. It seems a little firmer then the Everest but plays much better. Had the Onyx on my 314 for 5 months
    now. Believe it or not, I've only shaped it twice....once when installed, and once after a break in period.
    And I never scuff it. It holds chalk without scuffing. The only "maintainance" I do is burnish the side occasionally.
    Its definitely worth a try if you are looking for a good, almost zero maintenance tip. I am a weekly league player
    and have my own table. Needless to say.... I play a lot of pool. Check the reviews on Seyberts website. You will see I'm
    not the only one who has high regard for this tip.
    N
    Last edited by BrianS; 06-09-2013 at 10:13 AM.

Some people prefer a heavier cue, while some get custom-made cues that are very light. The most popular choice in pool cues is the 2 piece cue. The main advantage is portability. When I purchased my cue, I replaced the tip with a Kamui Black Medium tip that is perfect for me and my play style.

Thread Information