Thread: Kamui Moori Lepro

Default Kamui Moori Lepro

Hi everybody and a happy new year! i would like to replace my lepro tip with one kamui or moori tip. Which one is harder and more similar to lepro, if i choose medium (kamui or moori) if i choose kamui which one is harder black or brown ?

Default Re: Kamui Moori Lepro

I found this info in various places, I hope it helps. I can't personally atest to it's accuracy.

This is from the manufacturer and should be accurate:
    Kamui™ Soft - 69.6
    Kamui™ Medium Soft - 71.3
    Kamui™ Medium - 75
    Kamui™ Hard - 81.9

This is not from the manufacturer:
    Moori laminated tips are made from 11 layers of pigskin. These very popular tips offer consistency and superior quality. Hardness rating for

Soft: 63.8
    Medium: 74.2
    Hard: 82.7.

This is not feom the manufacturer:
    Le Professional (a.k.a. LePro)RegularLe Pro tips are an industry favorite crafted from vegetable tanned oak leather. The tip has a special protective coating to seal and preserve the leather until the cue is ready to play.considered by most to be a Medium to Hard tip (they're fairly inconsistent from tip to tip) "MHI" - Medium-Hard: 78.2

i've found the kamui blacks are one step harder than the kamui II. so a KB S would be like a KII M and so on.

Thanks a lot i think kamui brown medium or black soft is the right tip for my game.

these days i stick to old school non layered tips. i either use triumph tips or WB tips (the brown ones). if i were to use a layered tip again i'd go back to talisman tips or kamui's. i highly recommend kamui black tips if layered tips are your cup of tea

I need Moori MED 12mm tips.. where can I find them??

The type of tip you have can affect your game. The ones that come on economy cues should be replaced at your earliest convenience. Good tips typically cost more. I have replaced my previous tip with a Kamui Black Medium tip.

Thread Information