Thread: Tip suggestions?

Default Tip suggestions?

Hey all, I'm new here and had a few questions regarding tips.

I'm going to purchase the Pechauer Custom 2 from seyberts and was thinking a better tip than the Triangle would help with deflection and ball control. I do plan on getting a better shaft just not right away. I was thinking the Everest tip since it does come on the 314-2.

Any other suggestions?

Default Re: Tip suggestions?

Go with Kamui! you will not regret it
    " A BAD NIGHT OF POOL IS BETTER THEN A GOOD DAY AT WORK "
    http://www.ibilliard.co.il
    My Humble (but growing...) Pool Cues Collection

Smile Re: Tip suggestions?

Skor is right ... Kamui seems to be the best brand on the market right now. I've used Moori,Talisman,Triangle,LePro, Everest,Schon and so on, and the Kamuis seem to hold chalk better and get more grip. I just sent off 4 of my shafts to have Kamui M 's put on all of them.

Thanks for the info guys. It's driving me nuts I can't wait till Tuesday for my new cue. Everybody at Seyberts have been great. They were able to push my order through yesterday so I should get it Tues afternoon.

I've gotten to try Snipers, Everests, Moori Mediums, Triangles and LePros. And I can't switch from my Moori Quick. I like it alot. But I havent tried Kamui...b/c I dont want to pay to switch, then possibly not like it, then have to switch back.

The tips mentioned above were all on different cues, except for the Triangle and Moori Medium. Those were on Lucasi standard shafts. Not bad, just not a good feeling for me.

I agree w/ Skor 100%

I would like to give some tip maintenance for cue tip as some newcomer will also learn from this in the future. Tip is the most important part of any cue, you should keep this always straight. And, the most important always follow the manufacturer's guide. Once the side wall of the tip becomes thinner than a dime, the tip should be replaced. You need to replace the tip when side wall of it will be thinner than a dime.

Because of how much effect a tip can have on your game, it is important to choose the right one. Look for its density and hardness. Various brands are available, choose as per your requirements.

Thread Information