Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Lucasi Hybrid cue

Thread: Lucasi Hybrid cue

Default Lucasi Hybrid cue

Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone has purchased the Lucasi Hybrid cue and what you think of it and how it performs?
    Thanks,
    Sharknu

Default Re: Lucasi Hybrid cue

hello, sharknu! i had a chance to shoot with one at a pro shop not long ago.

well what i did was, instead of using the lucasi shaft, i used the shaft of my predator bk2 on it, because i thought since it was built for super feel and grip, it would be fine as a break cue.

so i broke a 9-ball rack with it, and all i can say is the grip was perfect, soft rubber grip, feels just like a golf club, and the soft rubber kinda absorbs most of the shock, so there was barely any shock. i hit one of the best breaks with that hybrid butt.

not that i dont love my bk2. i still love it.

but overall i think that it would make a good playing cue too. it would be great wit a Predator 314 or Z shaft.
    -Predator BK2 Break Cue w/ Wrap (19 oz) this thing's a beast!
    -Axiom Jump Cue (Cheap $40 Jumper with a good phenolic tip, makes the ball hop pretty well, who cares?)
    -A Cuetec Natural series cue (i dont use it anymore, i play with my lucasi now, so this one sits at home)

concerning the lucasi hybrid slim shaft 11.75mm---the only thing i can find regarding the taper of the shaft is that it has a special slim line taper. if anyone knew a bit more about slim line taper that would be great!

the taper on the slim isn't conical like most small tipped shafts (z2, ob2, etc). it is basically your normal pro taper, and it ends up being way too flexible. it works ok on softer shots, but on power shots it is all over the place. i think if they stiffened up the taper it could be a great shaft.

I don't like the grip that comes on most of the Hybrid cues.
    All the once I've tried also are too butt-heavy
    Their Jump cue and break cue are OK but not my cup of tea...
    Last edited by skor; 09-22-2009 at 07:19 AM.
    " A BAD NIGHT OF POOL IS BETTER THEN A GOOD DAY AT WORK "
    http://www.ibilliard.co.il
    My Humble (but growing...) Pool Cues Collection

thanks for the skinny on the slim shaft.

I pl;ay with a hybrid with a 12.75 mm swhaft and i love it. the shaft feels like a maple shaft but deflects allot less. the grip is great exspecailly when you have too jack up over a ball. great cue for the price.

I prefer the Lucasi hybrid over the Prediter shafts. But for the record I am not saying they don't preform well. I'm just saying I don't like how they hit and don't think their the be all end all in pool. Yes I know about 50 % of pros use them But if they were hands down best shafts then a 100% of pros would be using them. I think about 50 % of players like them and if you are one of them good for you but quit telling me something wrong with me for not being one of you. See I like a cue that has a solid maple hit and doesn't deflect allot. It also has to be not stiff but not wippy like the Meucci shafts were. Some where in the middle is where I like my cues. the z2 is too soft and is too small and the 314 has a dead hit and is too stiff. But i love my Lucasi hybrid shaft so it's not like there isn't a after market shaft for me. also for you OB1 guys you too need to get off the hype. cues are about what feels right too you. there is no prefect cue out there that everyone is going to like or play well with but look hard enought and you will find one for you. so if you like Predator and some one saying they don't just realize it's a choice not a mistake or stupidity. And if you think your Predator is so great good for you but my Lucasi works great too and is a weapon in my hands at the table. Nothing in this game better than having the right cue for you

Thread Information