Thread: Dr. Pooper jump cue

Default Dr. Pooper jump cue

Hi

Anyone tried this jump cue?

How is it?

Thanks

Default Re: Dr. Pooper jump cue

I have had the opportunity to try the Dr. Pooper jump cue , it works and imho is worth the price asked for it..

Default Re: Dr. Popper jump cue

Dr Popper is a very interesting piece of equipment. It was invented by an artistic pool player and built and marketed by McDermott.

I have owned one for about a year and I think it is a very good tool but it does have limitations.

It is almost impossible to use with anything but the dart stroke. It lifts the ball better than any jumper I have tried and it will jump over balls as close as a half inch from the cue ball. On the other hand, it doesn't do well on long jumps at all.

The other limitation is that you have to hit the cue ball directly through the heart. You can hit a little above center because the cue is so light but anything below is a guaranteed miscue. A hit even a little off to either side will send the cue ball off into the weeds. Because the tip is dead flat, you do not chalk it, ever. That's why it is so sensitive to a pure center ball hit.

From the limitations, you may think I don't like it but that is not the case at all. I have gotten out of more tight spots and diabolical safeties and have won more games with this cue than any other jumper I've ever used.

I plan to buy a Predator Air when money allows but my Dr Popper will never be for sale.
    The race may not got the swift nor the battle to the strong, but the smart money bets that way.

Thank you so much for the replies.

With the Predator Air we can jump over balls as close as a half inch ?

I will buy one of this jump cues Dr. Pooper or Predator Air, but didn't decide yet which one :-)

Any help is appecciated, thank you

Default Re: Dr. Popper jump cue

I've never seen a Predator Air but I can tell you that Predator products are the best thought out and engineered products in the market. I would have confidence that the Air is a very good jumper and, for all around utility as a jump cue, I would love to have one in my case.

I don't know if it can jump balls a half inch away as I have been able to do with the Dr Popper but I know it will serve you well.

By the way, it's Dr Popper. The other name sounds just a little messy.
    The race may not got the swift nor the battle to the strong, but the smart money bets that way.

hey guy's I actually own both jump cues. I first purchased the Dr. Popper when it came out after seeing the video on the McD website. At the time I also had the Lucasi jumper which I sold when the Air became available. I have to hands down give extremely close jumps to the Dr P. whereas I have been able to get a half cube of chalk with the air just not as consistently as the Dr. P. I prefer the Air over any jumper I have used. I am able to hit anything no matter where on the table it is, even when chucking the cue ball off the rail either back at me or at an angle. If you had to make a serious choice get the Air it will not disappoint you. But there is always a "but" the shaft of the Air gets quite sticky/grimey to the point where just wiping it down with a towel won't fix it and and I have to use my glove depending on the temp of the bar and the humidity of the air.

Another bonus of the Air is that if you have a radial jointed cue. You can use that shaft on the butts of the Air for a short cue. I have also been able to induce some serious reverse english, enough to send the cue ball the length of the table, standard masse shots seem to be easier this way also.

Cheers and good luck on your pruchase!
    Yeah.. doing it lumburg style, stealing one stapler at a time..

Yes, Dr. Popper not Pooper, my mistake :-)

Guys, thank you for all your help

If I had to choose between the pooper (pun intended) and the air, I would go with the air
    " A BAD NIGHT OF POOL IS BETTER THEN A GOOD DAY AT WORK "
    http://www.ibilliard.co.il
    My Humble (but growing...) Pool Cues Collection

Hello Skor:

I've never ever even saw a Predator Air and I would agree. You think I have faith in the quality and engineering of Predator products?

Thread Information