Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: no more seybert's bucks on predator?

Default no more seybert's bucks on predator?

on the new website, it is not showing any seybert's bucks offered on predator any more. is this a new change or just a website glitch?

Default Re: no more seybert's bucks on predator?

Hello,

No, this is not a website glitch, it is a new thing to all the Predator dealers.

The Predator company came out with an obligation in what they demand all their delars not to give any extra merchandise or gift or anything like that. What is more is that they gave a MAP (Minimal Asking Price) which cannot be lower than the 80% of the MSRP (Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price or something like that, I'm not sure, sorry..) - but I suppose that the latter thing is not a new thing as I have seen a few months ago too on a website that "they are selling Predator products for the lowest price possible" and they had the very same prices like Seybert's (20% off from the Retail).
    This is why you won't get Seybert's Bucks for the Predator products...

...but as you can see on the upper line of the new site Seybert's is giving "For a limited time Free 2 Day Delivery Or Free International Shipping on all Predator Cues or Predator Shaft Purchases." (here's a link for you to this promotion: http://www.seyberts.com/pages/predat..._shipping.html )

This is the case of the Seybert's bucks for Predator products, I hope I could help.
    Best regards,
    David Bredan

thanks poohkiller! i knew about the MAP, but not about not being able to give freebies with it. seems kinda harsh of predator to do that

You're very welcome!

Yes, it has been a quite harsh decision from them but as you can see Seybert's always finds out something, like this shipping stuff which yet another thing I couldn't see anywhere else.

By the way, I got two BK2's, one with wrap and the other without it... Gosh, these cues look awesome now that I had the time to examine them a little.
    Best regards,
    David Bredan

i have a bk2 too, i love it! had the weight taken down to 17.5...i like mine light. i wish predator would make 16 or 17oz versions. i thought the orange logo on the side was kind of cheesy so i had KJ strip it off and paint it black. he did a great job, you can't tell at all.

why did you get 2 bk2's, may i ask?

I got them for a friend of mine (and through him to another friend of him too) so they are not mine.
    You know I am trying to give everyone around here (Budapest mainly) the feeling of playing with something that is qualitative. All that 90% of the players around here know about quality cues is a brand name: Predator. When I say that I'm playing with a Predator they say: "WOOOW then you must be a millionaire!!!" And I'm like No, I am not but I didn't get my cue for 740-800 bucks like many sell 5k2s around here...
    Players around here don't know anything (not even their names) about Schon, Pechauer or even McDermott. Of course this is all not true but they don't know much more than "Wow, those must be nice cues, wow..."

I hope once everyone will play with cues that fit their style and what they want! Oh, and by the way, all what I said is not a result of poverty or anything like this as people do can buy themselves 300-400 dollar cues if they want to. But they are getting crap for their money because the cue dealers (there are two main shops that are selling cues in a business and not like a few others do: on their own, personally) don't know anything about what they are selling either...

This post is already getting long but I must tell you this one: The other day I went into one of the shops of those two to see (just out of curiousity as I never will buy anything here, locally) what do they have for around 400 and/or over. They had a few (one of two) Buffalos and... and... and... that's all. The woman in there said that one day they will get cues from THE other brand they sell which would be (and here's a quote: ) "Uhhhm.... Ohhhm... AAAA.... EEEE.... III... B... Blu... Bla...." When I asked here: "Balabushka?" And she was like: "YES, that is the one!"
    I asked what I asked because I did know that they had Balabushkas (of course the ones made by Cuesports Inc or whatever) so I knew what to say...

But look, the woman in there didn't know who G. B. is - which could be outrageous enough - but I would say alright, many (and I do mean: many) don't know who he was but damn, it's like if I were an assisstant in a shoe shop and I didn't know that we were selling Adidas!

Oh well, sorry for my by-pass, but it truly can piss me off... So I hope one day at least the small majority will know what is a ferrule on a cue, that there are differences in tip diameters, ferrule materials and length, etcetc...

Well... all in all I got these two cues for two acquaintance of mine but they wanted to have the heaviest possible... the two cues are both pretty near to 21 ounces... oh well...
    Best regards,
    David Bredan

is that on everything predator or just cues???
    Lucasi LE-66 with a buffalo is the only way to go

As far as I know it is for each and every Predator product.
    Best regards,
    David Bredan

ah. well at least seyberts can get around it with their shipping
    Lucasi LE-66 with a buffalo is the only way to go

We do like to dance... :mrgreen:
    Thanks,
    Sid

Thread Information