• Moori

36 40.45%
  • Other

12 13.48%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Favorite tip

the_saint_siwa Guest

Quote Originally Posted by the_saint_siwa
    Dime is best? Efren Reyes plays witha flat tip. Shape is all personal preferrence. BUT the brand and type of tip is important.
    Is that right? How do you know Efren Reyes plays with a flat tip?

I take Talisman for the best bang for the buck. Speaking of LePRO, I have one in my cue and it doesn't mushroom. It still keep the dime shape. I play and break with it though, that compressed the tip. Probably that's why it still has the dime radius. I have never to reshape my LePRO.

If MOORI isn't that expensive, I would vote MOORI as the best tip out there.

~thank's
    [/quote]

Yep! Efren plays witha flat tip! I saw it and I ask him but won't tell get into more details about why he uses it. ;)

TiNy Guest

Moori Hard,nothing else comes close

I used to have a Hercules layered tip. It was great.

I put on a Sumo Water Buffalo....IT SUCKS.

I'm going to try a Moori next or a Talisman Water Buffalo.

Default fave tip

Moori 8)
    Oberyn Martell, " Inner monologue is highly overrated."

Default Best Tip

I was a Moori medium fan until I tried the Tiger Sniper. The Sniper is an exceptional tip that will soon be the rage.

Stew

moori medium .
    works realy well with the predator shaft.

I like the Elk Master on the 314 shaft. I got rid of the LePro that came on it after the 3rd time I shot with it. I felt like the draw I got was inconsitent, allthough it was more likely my stroke.

The Elk Master's are very soft, but once you play get them properly shaped and burninshed, they are great after about 30 minutes of play.

For a hard tip, I like the Triangle.

I try to keep at least two different tips on my shafts, so I have something else to go to dending on table speed and ball condition.

the elk master gives a lot of spin,but I felt I was not as accurate with my potting.I can get almost as much spin with a moori without feeling that my potting is suffering :!:

sanj,

I can see where you might feel that way about the Elk Master. It has it's downsides for me including the following: 1) The hard-draw direction can be inconsistent with all but the best strokes. 2) It definitely plays a little different on cut shots than firmer tips.

The upsides for me include: 1) Because it's soft it grips the cueball better. This has helped me with shots over rails and obstacle balls. Those shots used to always be run-killers for me. 2) For me, it's easier to control the speed on softer shots. I have a tendancy to shoot to hard if anything, so it helps. 3) The curve ball shot is easily possible with it. This is by no means a reason for anyone to use it. It's just an added bonus. That curve ball shot less makeable the more you curve it, however, when you only need to curve it an inch or so, you can't be a soft tip. I have made one of these each of my last 3 times out, and I don't try it much.

I just put a Champion on one of my shafts. It's a little hard for me the way I feel right now, but I kind of like it in some ways. I think I may try to find a med-soft type tip to suit my game. The elk master is way soft, and I don't need all the spin, so I may be able to do better.

I think I'm going to keep trying different tips, because they are the cheapest and most important part of the cue. I've got a Erueeka that I will probably try next. I will definitely have to eventually try a Talisman or Moori as well. If you can get the benefits of a firm and soft tip in a single tip.

I just started paying attention to tip types. Everytime I used to get my cue retipped, I think they just put a triangle on it. I only think this, because I got some Triangles, Elk Masters, and Eureeka's for Christmas, as well as a Predator shaft for my Meucci (gotta love that!) . The tips that were on my cues looked like and felt like the triangles. Since then, I've been doing them myself. I'm having fun experimenting, eventhough I don't get to play as much as I used to.

A soft tip has mainly helped me with the up-against-the-rail and over-obstacle-ball shots. My stroke has improved as well over Christmas, so I'm not sure how much is the tip. I've never lacked draw, so extra draw is not a good reason for me to use a soft tip. As I said, the only real downside I find to the elk master, is sometimes the draw will bring it off to the side when I'm not expecting it. I think it's an amplification of imperfections in my stroke.

After all this rant, I really think to each his own on the tips. I certainly couldn't play well with Tiger Woods' golf clubs; this I know. As to whether or not I could play with Eferin Reyes' tip (or any other pro's) I'm going to find out!

Peace,
    Pike

why not then try a moori soft.this might have the best of both worlds for you :!:

Thread Information