Thread: Replacing Bumper

Default Replacing Bumper

Is there a trick to getting the rubber bumper back into the butt of a Pechauer cue? It comes out OK, but does not want to slide back in OK. The stem goes in about a 1/3 of the way then wants to stop. This is a PS02 cue so the bottom part of the butt is almost all wood. I'm leery on using any kind of liquid on the stem because of the wood. Any ideas?

Thanks

I know what you are saying, I've had several issues like this myself. The only thing you can really do is be patient twist back and forth while lightly pushing in on the bumper... ( the harder you push the more the rubber expands and the less likely it is to go in )

I've never been brave enough to try any kind of lubricant either for fear that one day I would look down and the bumper be gone!

About the only other thought I've had but never tried would be to put the bumper in the freezer over night. Cold things shrink slightly until they are warmed back up, and also the rubber wouldn't be as flexible and not be able to expand as much as you are trying to press it in... never tried it, but it makes sense.?.?.?

Default Cue bumper

Once you get the bumper started twist it as you push it in. It doesn't have threads on it, but screw it in like it does. You will get it to seat properly.
    Joe Pechauer
    Pres - Pechauer Custom Cues
    4140 Velp Avenue,
    Green Bay, WI 54313
    Phone: 920-434-7755
    Toll Free: 800-934-7735
    http://www.pechauer.com

Default Re: Replacing Bumper

so I should be able to remove the bumper pad by twisting and lifting on it??

If you want a perfect result, you must consult to any professional and let them repair, or replace, the bumper cover. and if you aren't obsessed with perfection, or the value of your vehicle doesn't support spending that much money on repair. That's real savings.

If you want a perfect result, you must consult to any professional and let them repair, or replace, the bumper cover. and if you aren't obsessed with perfection, or the value of your vehicle doesn't support spending that much money on repair. That's real savings.

Thread Information