Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
anyone own a lucasi cue? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: anyone own a lucasi cue?

Default Re: anyone own a lucasi cue?

Angela, the shaft of the Hybrid models is different than the older ones, it has different technology in it.

I have a lucasi LE- 56 cue, i've had it for almost a year now and it's a good hitting cue, definetly a good bargain (got it for 300$). Shaft has some deflection so i upgraded it with a 314-2 shaft and honestly it hits just like any predator (most of my friends have predator cues , including 5K series, P2, Blak Series) and the feeling is quite the same... very solid. I especialy like this cue also because of it's looks, i'll always consider this when buying a cue, not only performance. (of course performance comes first). So, i have a cue which costs 500$, looks better than a 700$ P2 and hits as good as a 1000$ Black Series... I would sincerely recommend this cue and any of the LE series. (Also the new Hybrid cues are very cool but i don't like the looks )).

Still my favourite cuemaker will remain Bear (the one which Bustamante plays with). That with a 314 shaft and you-ve got the ultimate playing cue no doubt about it. Perfeclty balanced and incredible feel. A bit expesive though for high-end models.

Any cue with a Predator shaft will play just the same, the playability comes from the shaft so if the shaft is the same the butt doesn't matter...

The butt does matter when it comes to feel but if you take two butts with the same weight, balance point and joint type and put the same shaft you will not feel the difference between them...

Bear cues are OEM cues made by Falcon for the European market... so basically if you take any Falcon cue it'll play just like a Bear.
    Falcon also used to produce the Predator butts until the 4K series. The first lines up until the 2K came with a 5/16x14 joint pin (like Falcons and Bears) and besides the double pressed Irish linen they felt just like the Falcons and Bears when playing with the same shaft.

Bear have some nice designs but for the money (the cost of the higher priced cues) I rather get a Schon!
    " A BAD NIGHT OF POOL IS BETTER THEN A GOOD DAY AT WORK "
    http://www.ibilliard.co.il
    My Humble (but growing...) Pool Cues Collection

I like the designs Lucasi has. There are quite a few I'd love to have, but I settled on the L-E21 and had to order it. Sweet looking, love the color contrast of the woods, and its quite similar in contrast as my L-ET, which the g/f will now get to play with. I just wish Seyberts had it.

Here's a pic!

I've been playing with a Luacsi as well for the last few months, I only got it because I liked its design but after I fitted a Zē shaft on it, it became my main player....

" A BAD NIGHT OF POOL IS BETTER THEN A GOOD DAY AT WORK "
    http://www.ibilliard.co.il
    My Humble (but growing...) Pool Cues Collection

That looks nice man!

Btw, I got a call from the place I ordered it...no longer produced. So the LE21 is made no more.
    Last edited by bignick31985; 09-07-2008 at 11:18 PM.

Anyone get a whiff of the new Lucasi Hybrid Fusion cues?
    Cue: Lucasi LE-27 (18.0 oz) w/ 314-2

Recently got a LZE7 with a Black King medium tip - love it!

Yes, I have used Lucasi for several years and that was good to break and jump as well. But, you need to look into many places to get the original one. If you use break always, then you can go with Lucasi and they will not disappoint you.

our team captain uses the beulah 2 break stick and it breaks well - tho I would not use my play stick for breaking in general - just dont want to reshape that tip too often lol

medium and soft tips deform quickly when used for hard breaks - but I have not used the stock everest tip so not sure how firm that one is.

will check it out when I get a spare shaft at some point

Thread Information