Thread: Schön or Pechauer?

Default Schön or Pechauer?

Some people in the Pechauer forum are saying that their Pechauers blow away Schön cues they've had. What's the consensus on this side of the fence?

Own both and have for years. There seems to be just a very slight difference in the hit. Both are very playable cues. Quality of workmanship and materials is very good in both lines. If you are looking to purchase one of these two brands go with the one you find most aestheticly pleasing at your price point. (IMO) If you want to get the best playing cue in that quality/price range, including the Predator, get a Nova. The difference is noticable!

Quote Originally Posted by dags_lax
    ...If you want to get the best playing cue in that quality/price range, including the Predator, get a Nova. The difference is noticable!
    I think I read something in another forum about Nova going out of business. Their Web site is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou
    ...If you want to get the best playing cue in that quality/price range, including the Predator, get a Nova. The difference is noticable!
    I think I read something in another forum about Nova going out of business. Their Web site is dead.
    Bummer, I'll have to se about getting a couple of their shafts befor they become impossoble to find.

Default Nova Cues

Quote Originally Posted by Lou
    :!: I have owned a number of Schon cues and I have been pleased with all of them. They are well made and they play great. I have an older Schon R13 now and I also have a new NOVA 97-12. I have heard that Nova cues are out of business also. I hated find that out because my Nova cue is a great cue. It plays as well as any cue I have ever had and the finish is second to none.

Default Re: Nova Cues

Quote Originally Posted by ;1458
    :!: I have owned a number of Schon cues and I have been pleased with all of them. They are well made and they play great. I have an older Schon R13 now and I also have a new NOVA 97-12. I have heard that Nova cues are out of business also. I hated find that out because my Nova cue is a great cue. It plays as well as any cue I have ever had and the finish is second to none.
    I have an R13 also. Bob Runde made it for me in 1984 or 85. What color are the points in yours?

Default Re: Schön or Pechauer?

I own both cues and I prefer the hit on a Schon. Quality wise they're both good but I would have to give it to Schon on this one as I think they use better wood/materials. But for the money Pechauer is definetly cheaper so you can't go wrong. Schon's are a bit pricey so some might have a hard time justifying spending the extra dough. If you're planning on selling it in the future the Schon would hold it's value more.
    Take that!
    Rookie Biatch!

Holy old thread batman...didn't realise when this was posted lol
    Take that!
    Rookie Biatch!

lol lol i couldn't believe that s1 could dig a post which was 10 years ago.

Thread Information