Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No Table... Does this mean no practice?

Top Secret Nuclear Facility (No... Seriously)

I believe Ft. Lauderdale, right sonnic?

There is a place called Kelly's in Coconut Grove I believe. They had a $10 all you can drink all you can shoot Monday night special, or something like that.

At least they did in 2000, the last time I was down there. If you feel like making a trip Thorsten plays at the pool room up here in Jacksonville and always practices with me and some other people.

I need to make a trip to South Florida soon, I miss that type of action. Same with Orlando, Tampa and P-cola.

Moral to the story: I need to get out more.
    Professional Pool Player (a.k.a. unemployed)

yes you are right audiopro I am in sunny Ft. Lauderdale, FL. You are in Jacksonville if i remember correctly. Id love to play if your ever in the area or vice versa. Ive heard you are a great shot! I would probibly suck next to you and your buddies but id love an opportunity to play some. I will definatly drop you a line if Im near by. That Kelly's place sounds awsome i will have to check that out. Thanks neil I look forward to meeting you someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Fujiwara
    Moral to the story: I need to get out more.
    You and me both. Since I now have table at home, I rarely go out to shoot pool anymore. Maybe once a month. Good thing is, I am savings a couple hundred bucks a month...

I am lucky, the pool room that I practice at gives me 50% off of pool time there. The owner is very proactive about the sport and it's players, that is why he signed Thorsten Hohmann to be house pro there.

The room is really nice, the nicest in Jacksonville by far. Beware of the tables though, they are Olhausens that have the pockets cut at a big angle, so they spit out a lot of shots. It will make you a better player, but will also frustrate the crap out of you if you are not prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Fujiwara
    I am lucky, the pool room that I practice at gives me 50% off of pool time there.
    I have not paid for table time at Clicks in probably 3 years.. Any money spent is on drinks, food, or tips... :(

When I was going there every day a couple years ago or so, Microsoft Money reports tell me I spent anywhere from 1000-1500 bucks there a month... Crazy considering none of it was for table time... :(

Those days are GONE GONE GONE!!!!!!

thorsten hohmann is a very clasy pool player he was up here sept 03 for the nj straight pool championship which he ended up winning. he was so nice and such a good player. he walked across the highway from his hotel to the pool room so he wouldnt have to bother someone for a ride. if i knew then i would have picked him up!

He is the epitomy of a World Champion, I have much respect for him as well as his game.

then you look at earl strickland.... what a jerk

I'd love to meet those guys... It would be a real thrill for me especially if we were able to play a few games.

My girlfriend and I went to a Womans Tournament in East Peoria, IL and that was just awsome. I got to meet Jennete Lee and some other Great players. I would of just died to play them in a match...

Thread Information