Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: No Table... Does this mean no practice?

Default No Table... Does this mean no practice?

I have recently moved to FL as some of you know and with that I left my table behind. Of course i can go to the pool hall to practice but it costs like 12 bucks an hour here. So my practice time is now limited severly. I know others must have this problem, so I am wondering if you practice and if so what do you practice?

At home i had all the time in the world, and all the privacy to practice whatever I wanted. Not that im embarrassed or anything but Its kind of weird to go to the pool hall alone. I guess I have no choice now. but im interested to hear your thoughts and opinions.

Has anyone ever had or played on an outside table??? It probibly is a dumb idea but I have some room for one if i wanted but I am unsure of the quality of it over some time. Especially in rain and other elements.

OPINONS PLEASE...

Top Secret Nuclear Facility (No... Seriously)

I used to play at Clicks by myself all the time. Actually often preferred it, as I get more practice time in.. Nothing to be embarressed about at all..

I say just start going to the pool hall a lot. Perhaps once you are considered a regular, they will give you a break on table time. Also check in to joining a league. A lot of pool halls will let you shoot free Monday thru Thursday, if you are on a league with them.

yeah if youre a regular they will give you a break on table time, discounts on accesories, etc. im sorry to hear that its so expensive there. here its 4 but i have a pracitce pass so its $40 a month. even though i have a table at home i go to the pool room alot. i dont think an outside table would be a good idea. cloth durable enough to withstand the weather cant be very good.

Top Secret Nuclear Facility (No... Seriously)

Quote Originally Posted by konur
    i dont think an outside table would be a good idea. cloth durable enough to withstand the weather cant be very good.
    Especially in the hot/humid weather we have here... We also have a lot of sudden change in weather. During the rain season, it will rain hard for an hour everyday around lunch, then immediately the sun comes out and warms things up again...

sonnic does your local room offer practice passes?

Default Re: No Table... Does this mean no practice?

Quote Originally Posted by sonnic
    I have recently moved to FL as some of you know and with that I left my table behind. Of course i can go to the pool hall to practice but it costs like 12 bucks an hour here. So my practice time is now limited severly. I know others must have this problem, so I am wondering if you practice and if so what do you practice?

At home i had all the time in the world, and all the privacy to practice whatever I wanted. Not that im embarrassed or anything but Its kind of weird to go to the pool hall alone. I guess I have no choice now. but im interested to hear your thoughts and opinions.

Has anyone ever had or played on an outside table??? It probibly is a dumb idea but I have some room for one if i wanted but I am unsure of the quality of it over some time. Especially in rain and other elements.

OPINONS PLEASE...
    I go to the pool hall by myself to practice sometimes. It doesn't bother me. I go to practice, not play. Therefore, it's probably better that I go alone. I actually accomplish something this way. It's only $4 an hour here for one person.

As for an outside table, I'm not sure if that is a good idea with the way the temperature changes. It seems like it would have some adverse affect on the table and the cloth.
    Erik -aka- ThePoolHustler

I almost never practice with someone.......at least I don't consider it practice when I play with another person.

Doing drills helps my game out more than having to deal with someone else's misses, antics, bad racks or banter. I would rather have the solitude of drills or being able to set a shot back up and shoot it 10-20 times. You can't really do that playing against someone else.

Golfers practice at a range to perfect their swing, not out on the course.

Just my opinion, hope it means something to someone.

p.s. Sonnic: What part of FL did you move to?
    Professional Pool Player (a.k.a. unemployed)

I am going to the pool hall tonight to practice up. But because it is always fun to play as well I find myself finding a game when i want to practice. When faced with the decision to play or practice i am sorry to say i love to play pool and if someone wants a game it is hard to turn it down. Yes they do have a league 8ball on WED and 9 ball on THUR. SO I think i am going to go tonight to practice so I can kick some ass tomarrow... HELL YEAH!

And as far as a table outside it was pretty much a pipe dream anyways. I was just curious to hear if any of you have ever played or even seen one played on before... Ill stick to the pool room.

The pool hall has $5 unlimited play on weekdays before 7 but the problem is i don't get home until 5:30, 6:00 so by the time I get to the pool hall Im paying 12 per hour kinda sucks oh well its the price we pay to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Fujiwara
    I almost never practice with someone.......at least I don't consider it practice when I play with another person.

Doing drills helps my game out more than having to deal with someone else's misses, antics, bad racks or banter. I would rather have the solitude of drills or being able to set a shot back up and shoot it 10-20 times. You can't really do that playing against someone else.

Golfers practice at a range to perfect their swing, not out on the course.

Just my opinion, hope it means something to someone.

p.s. Sonnic: What part of FL did you move to?

I totally agree with what Neil said here.
    Erik -aka- ThePoolHustler

What part of Florida did you move to? Or is it a secret hiding place?

It is always nice to find someone to shoot with, especially when you move to somewhere new and want to make some new friends.
    Professional Pool Player (a.k.a. unemployed)

Thread Information